Comprehensive Legal Services in Rural Alberta
If you run a business, we will help you find the right business structure, and help to grow and transition your business.
- Incorporations and registrations: federal, provincial and extra-provincial registration, trade names, name changes, corporate Minute Books, and annual returns.
- Creating business structures: multi-corporate structures, partnerships, franchises, joint ventures, professional corporations, limited partnerships and trusts.
- Implementing reorganizations: tax-efficient rollovers, amalgamations, dissolutions, butterfly transactions, and trusts.
- Negotiating ownership arrangements: unanimous shareholder agreements, partnership agreements, profit-sharing and stock options, joint venture agreements.
- Buying or selling a business: share purchase and sale, asset purchase and sale, franchising, commercial real estate, transition of farming operations.
- Corporate financing: leasing, real estate development, security agreements.
- Strategic tax planning: review and planning of multi-corporation structures for tax efficiency and succession planning.
We help you buy or sell real property, including commercial, residential, and farm land.
- Residential property: buying and selling homes, condominiums, new home construction, rural properties, mobile homes.
- Commercial property: buying, selling, and leasing business properties, multi-unit residential properties, development permits and appeals.
- Agricultural property: buying, selling, and leasing farming properties, subdivisions, auctions, sales by tender.
- Secured financing: mortgage refinancing, construction mortgages, security agreements, vendor mortgages, agreements for sale.
We provide comprehensive estate planning services for your personal and business affairs, and administer complex and high value estates.
- Estate planning: farm and family business succession, wealth preservation, family trusts, gifts during life, joint ownership.
- Drafting estate documents: wills, codicils, powers of attorney and personal directives.
- Estate administration: applying for Grant of Probate or Administration, managing and reporting estate accounts, making final distribution to beneficiaries.
- Estate settlements: negotiating agreements, drafting settlement documents.
We assist you to achieve fair settlements and resolve disputes, and we will advocate for you through the Courts.
- Personal injury: motor vehicle and off-road accidents, pedestrian injuries, occupier’s liability.
- Commercial disputes: contracts and shareholder disputes, debt collection, builder’s liens, construction.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency: negotiation with creditors, risk management.
- Estate litigation: family support claims, settlement agreements.
We help you come to agreement with your partner before, during, or after marriage or cohabitation.
- Negotiating separation agreements: property division, including corporations, farms and family property, spousal and child support, parenting arrangements.
- Drafting domestic agreements: pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, cohabitation agreements, separation agreements.
- Adoption applications: private adoptions, step-parent adoptions, consent guardianship orders.
- Divorce applications: filing for divorce and getting divorce judgments.
- Divorce or Separation - Client Profile
- Relationship Agreement - Client Profile